Sunday, November 16, 2014

Expanssion Essay

For the expansion essay I will be using mini essay four where I used David Denby's article High-School Confidential: Notes on Teen Movies to analyze how the movie A Cinderella Story fits into the described category. I chose this essay because it will be easier for me to write about since I have an interest in the subject. For the expansion my plan is to incorporate not just the Cinderella themed teen movies but also horror movies such as Carrie and rebellious movies such as Footloose. Carrie I can use the fact that the 'villains' bullied Carrie into her deadly rage and Footloose I can use the idea that the teens ignore authority.
  1. Teen movies
  2. Movie genres
  3. Footloose movie
  4. Carrie movie
  5. High school themes 

1 comment:

  1. This is a good start. I'd like you to also use sources that talk about teens, cliques, and identities that are unrelated to film. How accurate are these depictions of teens in film based on these other sources? Do teen behaviors end up being influenced by popular depictions of teens in media? For example, does Mean Girls (based on a book about bullying) reflect real teen experiences, or has its cult status impacted the way teen think and speak? (I know you are using Mean Girls; it's just an example.)

    ReplyDelete